If you are a creator of any artistic discipline, these grants may be for you.
This is our first call for applications for the enCórdoba residencies and grants for artistic creation with the objective of transforming and revitalising the city through culture, art and creativity in a unique field of operations: the historic centre of Córdoba.
Thank you very much for all the proposals submitted.
The jury will announce its decision by the first week of March.
A. Conditions of this call for applications
1. A Jury, with an internationally renowned trajectory, will select the projects that improve, from an excellence perspective, the cultural fabric of the city in five (5) categories understood in a broad and innovative sense:
- Visual and plastic arts
- Literature, liberal arts, comic
- Dramatic arts and music
- Cultural affairs and city projects
- Innovation and cultural industry
2. During this first call, that will take place from 1 of April to 30 of June 2022, there will be amaximum of 10 three-month residencies and 30 grants (in monthly payments) for projects developed in Córdoba.
3. Amounts for residencies and grants.
a) Artist Residencies
The artists that are selected will receive a 1.500 € monthly payment for their residence and the development of their project in the historic centre of Córdoba. In addition, the jury will be able to decide, at their discretion, to bestow an additional grant to pay for materials, as well as the assignment of a work space in consideration of the project needs.
b) Cultural Creation Grants Fund
The cultural creation grants Fund is dedicated to local and non-local artists that want to develop their projects in the historic centre of Córdoba in a variable time frame.
The projects must prove their connection with the cultural and/or human heritage of the city of Córdoba: collaboration with social collectives, neighbourhood associations, public and private spaces of neighbourhoods, such as markets or small businesses.
Moreover, the proposals that foster collaboration between local and non-local artists will be given priority.
The amount of the grant will be 600 € a month per project, with a maximum of three-monthly payments per project. In the case of a collaboration between local and non-local artists, the total amount of the grant will be 1200 € (600 + 600) per month for each project.
The jury will decide, at their discretion, the payment of materials and production costs in consideration of the needs of each project.
4. The acceptance of the grants involve the acceptance of the present conditions.
5. The call for applications will open 26 January 2022, with the beginning of the I Event Córdoba, city of ideas. Citizenship, Culture and Sustainability and will close 15 February 2022 at 12:00 am Spanish time.
6. The applicant must fill in the form , in Spanish or English, for the corresponding category, that can found at the webpage www.cordobaciudadelasideas.es.
7. The applicant must also send, together with the form, a copy of their DNI (if Spanish) or passport or residency card (if not Spanish).
8. Assessment criteria for residencies and grants
a) The assessment criteria for residencies will be the following:
- Career trajectory (4 points)
- Project (5 points)
- Involvement in the territory (1 point)
b) The assessment criteria for grants will be the following:
- Career trajectory (2 points)
- Social involvement (2 points)
- Creative Project (2 points)
- Sustainability (2 points)
- Local/non-local collaboration (2 points)
9. In the case of a conflict of interests between a submitted project and a member of the jury, the latter will abstain from voting.
10. The application for collaboration between local and non-local artists must be filled in by both parties and include the information fields of both applicants that are required in the conditions (curriculum, name, nationality).
11. The residencies and grants shall be paid in the first 5 days of each month, for the duration of the grant or residency.
These amounts are untaxed.
The beneficiaries must prove that they are in compliance with their obligations relating to the payment of taxes. And they also commit to carry out the corresponding tax withholding, depending on the case.
12. The jury will decide the amount of the budget that will be assigned for materials, once they have assessed the project and its needs. They can also propose a change of the type of aid (from residency to grant or vice versa).
13. The beneficiaries must communicate the acceptance of the grant or residency within a maximum period of five working days (5) counted from the next day of the notification of the concession published on the webpage and social media of córdoba ciudad de las ideas (córdoba city of ideas). If the subsidy is not accepted within that period, it will be understood that they renounce to the aforementioned subsidy.
14. Significant modifications of the initial projects must be agreed on with the organization.
15. The beneficiaries who abandon the project, without a duly justified cause, must reimburse the whole amount of the grant, being the jury those that have the authority to decide, as a last resort, the appropriateness.
Likewise, the termination of the grant by the organization should be duly justified for reasons of force majeure, such as the material impossibility of the realization of the project, or circumstances that advise said termination, without it being necessary to reimburse the amount that has been paid.
The organization may suspend the grants, and claim the amount already paid in any of the following circumstances: total or partial unfulfillment of the objective, of the activity or the non-adoption of the behaviour that substantiates the concession of the aid; the unfulfillment of the conditions of the call for applications; abandonment of the functions inherent to the condition of grant holder, verification that the grant was obtained without meeting the requirements and breach of the obligation of justification or insufficient justification.
In the case of renunciation by the beneficiary, the organization will determine, if applicable, the request for a total or partial reimbursement of the paid amounts or, solely, the loss of the right of the beneficiary to collect the pending payments.
16. The personal data that are required for the call of applications will be processed in compliance with Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council, of 27 April 2016, and with Organic Law 3/2018, of 5 December, of Protection of Personal Data and guarantee of digital rights.
17. The organization Córdoba Ciudad de las Ideas will not be held responsible for the documentation of the projects that are not selected, proceeding to erase the aforementioned, three months after the publication of the beneficiaries.
B. Specific obligations fot the residences
1. The residencies entail the obligation of residing in the historic centre of Córdoba, to which end, the grant holder will be provided with a map of available housing.
2. The beneficiaries of the residencies must arrive in Córdoba within a maximum period of five (5) days since the beginning of the grant. córdoba ciudad de las ideas will provide the arrival trip. Any modification to the calendar must be approved by the organization córdoba ciudad de las ideas.
3. The beneficiaries of a Residency shall exclusively dedicate themselves to the development of the Project they have been selected for over the course of the Residency.
4. In the case of grant holders of foreign countries, they must obtain their corresponding visa in sufficient advance in order to start their Residency within the established period of time, applying for their visa and assuming the necessary expenses for its issue, as well as respecting the corresponding legislation.
5. The acceptance of a Residency entails the acceptance to participate in its promotion, with interviews, articles and other communication campaigns. And likewise, it entails the compulsory participation in the calendar of activities of Córdoba ciudad de las ideas, with a minimum of an activity a month. Those projects that develop their own programme of activities in the city, such as those of cultural affairs, must also fulfill this obligation.
6. The beneficiaries must be in possession of a Spanish public health card, a European health insurance card or, if applicable, private health insurance, during the development of their project in Córdoba.
7. Within a maximum period of thirty days since the finalisation of the project, the beneficiary must present electronically a justification report (there is a downloadable model on the webpage ).
8. The beneficiaries of plastic arts Residencies must donate one of the works of art created during their stay in the city. In the case of performing, drama, literary and publication projects, they must include in a visible place, the logos of Córdoba ciudad de las ideas and the information that the project was developed thanks to a grant in Córdoba, in the promotional material and/or in the publication in the case of it being a book.